We all have that piece in our homes that needs just a little updating. For me it was an old blue vase I purchased from a yard sale years ago!
The blue doesn’t really work for me and my decor. So it has been sitting in the dark corner in the back of the cabinet waiting patiently for its moment! Well today I decided to dust it off and give it a new look!
To create this yourself it’s very easy and only takes 15 minutes to complete!
What you need:
– 1 vase/jar (My item is ceramic. If you use glass you may have to prep it with a spray adhesive)
– 1 bottle of spray paint in the color of your choice! (I used Metallic Spray Paint by Krylon in #2004 Brass Metallic)
– Newspaper or something to cover the floor or table
– Also you want to do this either outside or in a well ventilated space.
1. Before you begin you have to shake up the can of spray paint for 2 minutes.The reason you shake up the paint is so that it will coat evenly onto your vase! (I know 2 minutes is a REALLY long time BUT if you start as you gather everything then you won’t notice! )
2. Put down your paper to protect your surface, table, grass and yourself.
3. Do a quick test spray on your item. You want to be at least 10 – 12 inches from the surface and do short quick sprays running the length of your vase.
– Here I did quick spray strokes horizontally and vertically being careful not to create drips or to let the paint run. Krylon paint dries quickly and it blends well.
4. Once you get 1 full coat of paint pause and go over your vase. As the paint begins to dry you will see that maybe the paint is coating better on one part versus another. My vase has handles and a curved top! Those parts require special attention as to not create an uneven coat and look! If your vase has curves or a design you may had to even consider taking a small brush to really get into those nooks.
5. Continue to build on the coats until you have covered the vase to your liking! Here is my finished vase!
I hope this encourages your to repurpose some of those household items! If you do please let me know in the comments below!